THERMAL TILL ROLLS
Don’t underestimate the important role of till-rolls in your business.
- The humble till roll records vital details and terms of purchase between transacting parties.
- Paper quality determines how long the document can be used as proof of purchase or warranty without fading away.
- Your trade will come to a grinding halt if you run out of till rolls.
- Printed till rolls provide identity, marketing opportunities as well as security to prevent fraud.
Uniprint Global guarantees both the quality of our products and the number of meters per roll.
ORDER your till rolls online and get them delivered right to your door-either to a distribution centre or directly to you branches/franchises.
We can even tailor-make bespoke ordering and payment solutions for your entire branch/franchise network.
HOW TO SPOT AN INFERIOR TILL ROLL
There are currently no standards or laws governing the quantity and quality of paper on till rolls. Not all till rolls are the same… Don’t assume you’re getting the “normal” 80 meters of paper on a “80 x 80” roll or 18 meters on a “57 x 40” roll.
FACTORS THAT DETERMINE THE QUALITY OF PAPER ON A ROLL
A loosely wound roll will look and feel the same but, for example, an “80 x80” roll could have as little as 55m on the roll (30% less).
This also impacts how much roll you get. A thicker paper may feel superior but again there could be as little as 55m on an “80 x 80” roll.
Cores with larger diameters significantly reduce how much paper is on the roll.
TO BE EFFICIENT & RESPONSIBLE WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU:
- Always use a reputable supplier and check their credentials.
- Specify your required number of meters of paper on the roll when ordering.
- Measure the product yourself from time-to-time.
- Cheap and nasty often go together! If the price seems too good to be true, then it probably is.
- Specify the paper brand from one of the leading thermal paper mills.
- Demand sustainable sourcing and FSC® certification from your supplier.
- Confirm that the paper is certified “printer head friendly”.